Congratulations Kieran Nichols – winner of our Harley competition!
Competitions & Legals
Win a Harley Competition
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
1. Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all residents of Victoria who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants’). Entrants who are not at least 18 years old must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian, and to claim the prize must have their parent or legal guardian take delivery of it.
2. Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
3. The Promoter is CJ’S VICTORIA PTY LTD ACN 614 373 474 (the ‘Promoter’). The Promoter’s address is Level 4, 190 Coventry St, South Melbourne, Vic 3205.
How to enter
1. To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below) register their interest through the in-store wi-fi in selected CJ’s restaurants or, after visiting one of those restaurants, at the webpage whose address is published in them.
2. Entries must provide contact details on request to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
1. Only one entry per person will be permitted. Entrants found to be submitting multiple entries may have all entries invalidated.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
1. The competition commences on Tuesday 23 October 2018 at 9AM and closes Thursday 17th January 2019 at 8PM (‘Promotional Period’). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are Melbourne times. If any draw date falls on a public holiday, as defined in the state of the Promoter, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
2. The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at CJ’s Victoria Pty Ltd ACN 614 373 474, Level 4, 190 Coventry St, South Melbourne, Vic 3205 on Friday 18th January 2019 at 12PM. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning a prize.
3. The winner will be notified by email and phone within two business days of the draw. Their name will also be published on Monday 21 January 2019 at https://www.cjsvic.com.au/winner for 28 days.
Prize on offer
1. There is one prize, of a Harley Davidson XG500 (Street 500), including three months registration and (subject to more specific terms and limitations) 2 years’ warranty and 1 year’s roadside Harley Assist. The value is estimated $9995, being the on-road RRP.
2. Insurance is not included, and the winner (and if under 18 their parent or legal guardian) must collect the prize from Harley Heaven, 507 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood, Victoria, within a reasonable time.
3. The winner (and if under 18 their parent or legal guardian) must participate in photo and video shoots and consent to the use of those images and recordings for any purpose.
4. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
Further Terms and Conditions
1. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions or is unable to be identified after reasonable efforts.
4. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash.
Privacy Collection statement
1. The Promoter and its related entities collect entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners) and marketing to those entrants in the future. That marketing will relate primarily to the Promoter’s own business, but may also include promotion of other businesses from time to time. The Promoter and its related entities will only disclose marketing information to its marketing service providers for conduct of this marketing, not to third parties for other marketing. The Promoter may disclose personal information collected to an agent who is engaged to conduct the competition draw and to prize providers for prize fulfilment. The Promoter may also disclose personal information collected to Australian regulatory authorities, such as the regulators of trade promotions.
First 50 Eat Free for a Year
The first 50 customers will receive a booklet of 52 vouchers that entitles the bearer to 52 free menu items in the form of 1 coupon per week for 52 weeks.
Thank you for participating in our First 50 event and please note that we are unable to advise when the best time is to line up as we have had participants lining up the day before we open. Good luck!
- Each participant will receive a line position ticket (1-50) upon arrival to record their position in the line and they will be required to remain on the premises and in the line until the opening of the restaurant.
- Participants’ details and a photo will be recorded as the First 50 positions are taken up.
- Security guards will be on site during the night.
- It is the security guards’ role to randomly check participants presence throughout the night and morning to ensure that they are complying with the rules and present throughout the night and morning.
- We value the security and safety of participants. Therefore no inappropriate behaviour will be tolerated. CJ’s Victoria and the security guards engaged reserve the right to disqualify any participants that behave inappropriately.
- Participants agree to the use of their image, photo or video for marketing purposes and social media content.
- Short toilet breaks are acceptable and amenities will be available.
- Leaving the site and line for prolonged periods during the event will result in automatic disqualification.
- The 1-50 line position tickets are not transferable and therefore swapping or reserving a position in the line, for another person is not acceptable.
- The participant who receives a (1-50) line position ticket upon arrival is the only person who can claim the voucher booklet at the opening.
- No alcohol or offensive language in the line will be tolerated.
- Small tents, sleeping bags, etc. are acceptable as the limited shelter can be an issue.
- Only one (1) voucher booklet per customer
- No purchase necessary
- One coupon per customer per visit
- Expiration dates apply
- Must present and surrender original coupon
- Not valid with any other offer, discount or combo
- Not for resale or transferable
- Valid ages 12+
- Offer valid only at participating Restaurants
- Tax not included
- Offer available only after regular breakfast hours